How to Cook a Turkey from Jennie-O®
Looking for Carving tips? Visit here for step by step instructions from McCormick®: https://www.wincofoods.com/how-carve-turkey
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Remove neck, giblet and gravy packet, if applicable. These may be used to prepare gravy or stuffing.
2. The plastic leg clamp should be left on during cooking.
3. Place turkey on rack in shallow pan, breast side up, and loosely cover with foil. Remove foil after 1 hour of cooking.
4. Roast until timer pops up and turkey is fully-cooked, 180°F as measured by a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. ALWAYS confirm doneness with a meat thermometer. Juices should run clear.
5. Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.
6. For optimal safety, cook stuffing and turkey separately. If desired, add fully cooked stuffing to cooked turkey just prior to serving.
Approximate Oven Roasting Time at 325°F.
Wash hands and all items that come into contact with uncooked turkey.