Try this recipe for one of the most tender and flavorful burgers you have ever tasted. Stop by your local, employee owned WinCo Foods and grab a pack of our Steakhouse Elite Kobe Style Burgers in the meat department.
1. Remove Kobe beef burgers from the refrigerator. Let them sit until they reach room temperature. Heating the burgers too early when they’re still cold will “shock” the meat and it will cook unevenly.
2. Set a grill to “medium high” heat or preheat a cast iron grill pan on the stovetop over “medium high.” For a great seasoning, sprinkle burgers lightly with salt and pepper just enough to enhance the flavor.
3. Pour a 1/4 cup of olive or vegetable oil into a small bowl. Dip a pastry brush into bowl and lightly brush oil in a thin, even layer across the grill grates or pan. This will help ensure that burgers do not stick when it’s time to flip them.
4. Place Kobe beef burgers on preheated grill or grill pan and heat for three to six minutes; or until you see that the bottom of the patties have distinctive grill lines. Use spatula to carefully flip burgers over.
5. Lower heat to “medium” and heat Kobe burgers for another three to five minutes, then flip them over again. Continue slowly heating and flipping the burgers every three to five minutes.
6. Insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the center of a Kobe burger each time you flip them to prevent incorrectly estimating the cooking time. Remove the burgers from the heat once the thermometer reads 150 degrees F, they are now ready to serve with your favorite toppings.
Serve Kobe beef burgers with simple toppings, such as mild cheddar cheese, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and onions that won’t overwhelm or distract from the meat’s flavor.
Do not heat Kobe beef burgers over high heat, if you char them like regular hamburgers, they will lose their delicate flavor.